|The History of Chicago Best Practice High School
Chicago (population 2.7 million) is in northeastern Illinois in eastern Cook County. Lake Michigan, along with the Chicago and Des Plaines rivers, are the main waterways to and from the city. Interstates 55, 57, 90, & 94 will all lead you to the “Windy City,” as will numerous state and U.S. highways. From what started as a small village in the early 1800’s along the banks of Lake Michigan, Chicago has grown to the nation’s third largest city and one of the most famous places in the world, as the result of an ethnically diverse community that adopted the city.
Best Practices High School was formed from a belief by Marilyn Bizar on more efficient and effective ways to get the most for children who attend high school. Ms. Bizar even worte a book titled “Rethinking High School: Best Practice in Teaching, Learning, and Leadership”. Best Practice High School was opened in the fall of 1995. The school was locared on the Chicago’s west side at 2040 W. Adams Street.
Best Practice High School served the are proudly for the next 15 years. Budget restraints in the Chicago Public School system led to the decision to “phase this school out” in 2010. By December of 2011 there were no longer students attending classes at Best Practice High School. The students who attended Best Practice High School were relocted to other high schools in the neighborhood.
The following internet links provide further information regarding Best Practice High School.
Chicago Best Practice High School Quick Facts
Year opened: 1995
Year closed: 2011
Team nickname: “Panthers”
Uniform colors: Dark Blue & White
School Fight Song: ??