|The History of McGuire High School
McGuire High School appears to have been a country school located in far southwestern Illinois in the far northwestern portion of Union County. The school was located about four miles northwest of Wolf Lake. The small hamlet of La Rue was situated about two miles to the east and the small hamlet of Aldridge was about two miles to the northeast. McGuire High School was located on Galilee Road approximately one mile west of County Highway 3. The Mississippi River flows by two miles to the west. McGuire High School was located about 20 miles due southwest of Carbondale.
The fact that McGuire School offered high school courses was the result of research on a website titled “Illinois Postseason Basketball Scores“. In the 1934 Cairo District Tournament, McGuire High School advanced into the second round. The IHSA website (www.ihsa.org) states that McGuire High School won the District Championship in 1937. More information on this will be available below. This is currently the extent of information we have on this school.
If you have any further information to share regarding McGuire High School please contact us to share it on this page.
McGuire High School Quick Facts
Year opened: ??
Year closed: late 1940s(?)
Consolidated to: Wolf Lake High School (?)
McGuire HS team nickname: ??
McGuire HS team colors: ??
School Fight Song: ??